Have you ever received ads for the product you just discussed in real life? Or ads for super expensive protein shakes after you searched for tips to become more fit? Or have you ever been targeted baby stuff as a 30-year old woman? That’s just not okay!
We have gotten used to see absurd personalised ads, without really consenting to it. But we should never get used to it! We don’t really benefit from these ads; it is just another way to profit more from us.
Facebook and Google earn 171,3 billion dollars a year. By hoarding our data and learning almost everything there is to learn about us, and then sell it to others.
So it’s time to say: Ads Zuck! On June 19th the battle against big tech moves to a new battleground. The European Parliament 🇪🇺 will vote on banning personalised ads, 🔥🔥🔥 angering Facebooks’ and Googles’ army of lobbyists,
It’s still early days into the battle, so we need to keep on fighting for a ban. To get it done, our message has to be loud and clear to draw attention from company leaders, governments and our representatives. To get it done, we now say:
Let Zuckerberg know his Ads Zucks:
✅ Click on ‘attend this event‘
✅ Invite your friends 💯
✅ Make a screenshot of the most annoying ad you can find and upload it here, to win the title ‘Zuck’s Most Zucking Ad’.
✅ Sign the petition below
We, the users of the internet
- Who don’t want to be tracked on every website we use;
- Who don’t want to receive advertisements based on every personal characteristic;
- Who don’t want to read extensive privacy agreements and cookie statements to say we don’t give consent for personalised ads;
- Who are sick of being a commercial target every minute as soon as we go online;
- Who might be okay with advertisement, but just don’t want it to be based on our personal characteristics;
- Who might want to pay for services, but currently don’t have the option to;
Therefore, call on
- The owners of digital platforms;
- Our representatives in parliaments and councils;
- Governments and world leaders
- Ban personalised ads for once and for all